Scroll List How-To

This is the place to find out how to accomplish something specific with EZ GUI.

Re: Scroll List How-To

Postby ByDesignGames » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:36 pm

Little Angel wrote:When it comes to the demos, you should load them into their own new standalone project to minimise errors.

I have been doing that (e.g. in the example above) and it still ended up in error-city; the issue seems that the demos are not compatible with the beta.

Here's what I ended up doing (since no reply from author):
- Uninstall beta from stand-alone project.
- Install latest release.
- Install latest release demo.
- Extrapolate basic "how to use scroll list" information from previous version of scroll list examples and just sort of mucked through it blindly.

Took longer than it really should and it is not exactly what'd I'd expect given the price of entry, but hey the schedule isn't going to wait for Brady :)
ByDesignGames

Postby ByDesignGames » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:42 pm

On to the next blackbox question ;)

Wish to implement a scrolling list simliar to DatePicker for iOS (see day column in attached image).

Is this possible with ScrollLIst / EZ-GUI? (Brady, this is for production work, need an answer sooner rather than later)

The key here is that the index of the list is in the center of the list. Also would like some means of diminishing any list item that is not the "current" index.

Possible?
Attachments
datepicker_a.jpg
datepicker_a.jpg (31.51 KiB) Viewed 4512 times
ByDesignGames

Postby ByDesignGames » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:57 pm

Also, the snapping seems to take in 0.5 * item spacing instead of snapping to the entire spacing size?

1st image is scroll list at start, everything is evenly spaced and looks as desired.
Screen Shot 2011-08-12 at 10.50.56 AM.png

2nd image is after scrolling with snap enabled, scroll list is no longer evenly spaced and it snaps on what appears to be half the item spacing size.
Screen Shot 2011-08-12 at 10.51.23 AM.png

Why is this, and more importantly, how to fix it?
ByDesignGames

Postby Brady » Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:36 pm

First, what demo(s) are you having trouble with? They should all be compatible with the latest beta. The current methodology, per your request some time ago, was to separate the demos from the core package. So you should import the core package first, then the demo, and you shouldn't receive any errors.

Yes, it is possible to do a picker like that. As it appears you have discovered, you enable the "snap" feature, and then to find the current "snapped" item (the center item), you use the list's .SnappedItem property which gives you the last snapped item.

On the spacing issue, without looking at it, it's tough to say. Though one suggestion is that if you're using UIListItemContainers, make sure you're positioning the child controls as desired relative to the parent container's center/pivot point. In other words, make sure they aren't really far offset from the parent object's center since the items are positioned using the parent object's transform.

Aside from that, if you would like to e-mail me a quick package that demonstrates the issue, I'd be happy to diagnose it for you.
Brady

Postby ByDesignGames » Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:45 pm

Brady wrote:First, what demo(s) are you having trouble with? They should all be compatible with the latest beta. The current methodology, per your request some time ago, was to separate the demos from the core package. So you should import the core package first, then the demo, and you shouldn't receive any errors.

Was trying with the Castle Storm demo; here's what I did to see a bunch of errors:
    Opened test project w/out any EZGUI
    Installed latest Beta
    Installed Castle_Storm_Demo.unityPackage
Brady wrote:Yes, it is possible to do a picker like that. As it appears you have discovered, you enable the "snap" feature, and then to find the current "snapped" item (the center item), you use the list's .SnappedItem property which gives you the last snapped item.

Which item does it snap to by default? The top of the list?
Brady wrote:On the spacing issue, without looking at it, it's tough to say. Though one suggestion is that if you're using UIListItemContainers, make sure you're positioning the child controls as desired relative to the parent container's center/pivot point. In other words, make sure they aren't really far offset from the parent object's center since the items are positioned using the parent object's transform.

All child control transforms are Vector3.zero relative to the parent.
Brady wrote:Aside from that, if you would like to e-mail me a quick package that demonstrates the issue, I'd be happy to diagnose it for you.

Thank you for the offer; i'll try to isolate the list & send you a package off list.
ByDesignGames

Postby Brady » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:04 pm

ByDesignGames wrote:Was trying with the Castle Storm demo; here's what I did to see a bunch of errors:
    Opened test project w/out any EZGUI
    Installed latest Beta
    Installed Castle_Storm_Demo.unityPackage

I performed these steps to test and I did see two messages about a MonoBehavior being attached to a particular prefab that Unity could not find. I've been trying to figure out A) what exactly this message means, and B) why it is happening since as far as I can tell, the object in question is just fine and has only the components it is supposed to. I've tried re-prefabbing the object clean, etc, but it keeps saying that. At any rate, it runs exactly as it should, so for now, this message appears to be most likely due to some kind of glitch in Unity's asset library entry for the object in question since I can't find any problem with the object itself.

Yes, it doesn't consider it an actual "snap" position, but it is aligned with the top item at the top of the list by default. You can, of course, manually snap to a specific item through code by calling one of the .ScrollToItem() methods.

Thank you for the offer; i'll try to isolate the list & send you a package off list.

Okay, cool.
Brady

Postby ByDesignGames » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:56 pm

Brady wrote:I performed these steps to test and I did see two messages about a MonoBehavior being attached to a particular prefab that Unity could not find. I've been trying to figure out A) what exactly this message means, and B) why it is happening since as far as I can tell, the object in question is just fine and has only the components it is supposed to. I've tried re-prefabbing the object clean, etc, but it keeps saying that. At any rate, it runs exactly as it should, so for now, this message appears to be most likely due to some kind of glitch in Unity's asset library entry for the object in question since I can't find any problem with the object itself.

Might be my demo then; usually download the latest with each release, but didn't see any version info on the package.

Anyway, am past the need to use the demo at this point, so will download latest next time I have need to review the demos & try again.

Brady wrote:

Yes, it doesn't consider it an actual "snap" position, but it is aligned with the top item at the top of the list by default. You can, of course, manually snap to a specific item through code by calling one of the .ScrollToItem() methods.

Hmm...

Brady wrote:

Okay, cool.

Sent! :)
ByDesignGames

Postby Brady » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:13 pm

I replied directly to your e-mail, but for the sake of posterity:

It appears that the end spacing you have added is what is responsible for the items being aligned as desired initially. That's because when the list reaches the end, it just clamps to 0 or 1 (the very beginning or very end of the list). But the alignment when snapping to items elsewhere in the list appears off because that's actually how the items themselves are constructed. If you try scrolling and note the center position of the scroll list, then look at the center position of the list item that is "snapped", you'll find that the items are snapping to the correct positions. The problem is that the list item content itself is offset from this center point. You can remedy this by changing the "Anchor" setting of the list item. However, TEXTURE_OFFSET normally works just fine. The reason I suspect it is not would be because the source artwork actually has the image offset in the canvas itself. See the EZ GUI docs under the "Building Atlases" topic (see the "Texture Trimming" section on that page) for more details on how this TEXTURE_OFFSET anchor is affected by the position of an image on a canvas.

Either centering the list item image in the canvas of the original source artwork, or else changing the anchor to something like MIDDLE_CENTER, should cause the item's visual element to be centered relative to the GameObject's own transform center, which means that when the item is centered in the list, it should be properly aligned as expected. This, however, means you'l need to add a bit more end spacing so that when the list is at its extremities, the items at the ends align as desired.
Brady

Postby ByDesignGames » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:54 pm

Brady wrote:Either centering the list item image in the canvas of the original source artwork, or else changing the anchor to something like MIDDLE_CENTER, should cause the item's visual element to be centered relative to the GameObject's own transform center, which means that when the item is centered in the list, it should be properly aligned as expected. This, however, means you'l need to add a bit more end spacing so that when the list is at its extremities, the items at the ends align as desired.

Excellenté! Yeah, needed to fudge the end spacing a bit, but it works beautifully now. Thanks for the quick reply Brady!
ByDesignGames

jhgjtghrt

Postby hxmy018 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:11 am

moncler girls
scarpe hogan
fitflop slippers
botas de futbol nike baratas
womens timberland boots
chaussures de foot pas cher
Soccer Boots Outlet nike
discount ray bans
zapatos de futbol nike