Announcements

Announcements

Postby Brady » Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:28 pm

The next iteration of EZ GUI is now available (1.05 b1). The version numbering may be a bit confusing, but this is because I am now planning a much sooner "interim" release between 1.01 and 1.1. This version will be 1.05 and should follow closely on the heels of today's 1.05 beta release and will contain some optimizations and fixes to any issues discovered in today's beta release.

Some highlights from today's release:
* New integrated text feature (SpriteText).
* Ability to set controls to be pixel-perfect even with perspective projections.
* "History" tracking for non-linear menus, allowing you to simply go "back" to a previous panel without having to specify which panel.
* More... (see release notes)

Please see the following thread for info on using the new integrated text:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=98

A video demonstrating the use of this new feature will be coming soon.

The update itself is, as always, available at:
www.anbsoft.com/updates

NOTE: If you are using SM2 with EZ GUI, you will need to update to SM2 version 1.72, also available at the above link.

Thanks for all your help and patience!
Brady

Re: Announcements

Postby Brady » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:38 am

Please see the 1.05 b2 update now available which addresses a few issues, mainly related to scroll lists. For SM2 compatibility, this version also requires SM2 1.73. Both are, as always, available here: www.anbsoft.com/updates
Brady

Postby Brady » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:42 am

1.05 b3 is now available! In addition to several fixes and improvements, this version adds a couple of cool new features:

* Controls can now have per-state text labels. NOTE: ["] is a special string that indicates that the state should leave the label alone when entering that state. This is good for use with disabled states, so that if a control is disabled, it still contains the label from its previously enabled state.

* The AnimClip transition element can now play animations created in Unity's Animation View. Just be sure duration and blending are set to 0.

Enjoy!
Brady

Postby Brady » Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:01 am

2 of the 4 demo scenes from the showcase video are now available! The other 2 are coming soon. As always, you can obtain them here:
www.anbsoft.com/updates
Brady

Postby Brady » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:27 am

1.05 b4 is now available and includes many fixes, improvements, and new features. Probably the most highly anticipated of the features is the new list item container which allows you to use one or more of pretty much any EZ GUI control in a single list item. To use it, create a GameObject with a UIListItemContainer attached, and then add any controls you want to use as children to this GameObject. Then when the root GameObject is added to the scroll list, all the child controls, text, and sprites should clip nicely to the list's viewable area. See the release notes for important notices before importing into your project. This version should be used in combination with SM2 1.75.

In addition, you may have noticed that yet another of the scenes from the showcase video has been posted. This time the "Mushroom" scene, demonstrating pop-up menus and the use of the UIBistateInteractivePanel.

Enjoy!
Brady

Postby Brady » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:13 am

1.05 b5 is now out! We're getting very close to a 1.05 final now. This release fixes various issues, and adds a few major new things as well, such as automatic word-wrapping and the ability to define a caret for a UITextField! Be sure to see the included release notes before importing. Also, if using this with SM2, you'll need version 1.76 (also available now) of SM2 to inter-operate.

I'm off to GDC Austin, so my replies may be a bit delayed compared to usual for the next few days. But I'll be back in full-swing shortly.
Brady

Postby Brady » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:13 pm

If you are receiving any compiler errors with 1.05 b5, there were a couple of typos which mysteriously crept in at the last minute. They've now been fixed and you can re-download the fixed version of the file. Thanks and sorry for any inconvenience.
Brady

Postby Brady » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:10 am

Announcing the release of the full 1.05 version of EZ GUI. This version includes various fixes and such, as well as a few changes in some variable names to make them clearer. So as always, be sure to back up your project before importing, and be sure to read the important release notes included with this release. This version also features updated documentation which covers features added since 1.01. New tutorial videos are also on the way soon.

NOTE: If you are using SM2 with EZ GUI, you will need to use the latest 1.77 release of SM2.

As always, you will find the updates here:
www.anbsoft.com/updates
Brady

Postby Brady » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:29 pm

Version 1.051 is now available. It includes several minor fixes and a couple of minor new features as well. As always, be sure to back up your project and read the release notes (paying special attention to sections marked "IMPORTANT") before importing a new package.

If you're using SM2 with EZ GUI, be sure and also grab the 1.78 update for SM2.

P.S.: The FPS hangar demo from the showcase video is now available at the updates page as well! Note that it will only work on Unity 3 at the moment, due to the fact that Unity 3 packages cannot be opened in older versions of Unity.
Brady

Postby Brady » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:59 am

Please note I will be at Unite this week and I may be a bit slow at getting to questions for the next week, so please bear with me for this short time. I will address all questions as quickly as possible. I hope to see you there!
Brady

Next

Return to EZ GUI General