How to get the latest version

Re: How to get the latest version

Postby Little Angel » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:12 pm

If this is a new installation, then you shouldn't need to rearrange anything. If you've just installed for the first time and have errors, can you post the errors in detail? Are they just those two mentioned above? Can you try this in a new clean project? Just to make sure?
Little Angel

Postby ratrodstudio » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:04 pm

Hi,
is the latest version of EZ GUI & Sprite manager compatible with the upcoming Unity 3.2?

Those are the errors I am getting:
Assets/Editor/AnBSoft/Inspectors/UICtlInspector.cs(54,30): error CS0115: `UICtlInspector.OnInspectorGUI()' is marked as an override but no suitable method found to override
UICltInspector.cs line 54

Assets/Editor/AnBSoft/Inspectors/UIPanelBaseInspector.cs(41,30): error CS0115: `UIPanelBaseInspector.OnInspectorGUI()' is marked as an override but no suitable method found to override
UIPanelBaseInspector.cs line 41

When creating a new project it works fine, but integrating a new EZ GUI & Sprite manager in a project (that was in 1.7, then converted to the latest version of Unity) then adding EZ Gui and SM2, it gives me those errors.
I had to start from the new project, install EZGUI and SM2, then re import all my elements to get it working.
ratrodstudio

Postby chirhotec » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:55 pm

I purchased EZ GUI a while back through the anbsoft site. Later, I purchased SM2 though the asset store. Now, I'm having a ton of issues getting them to work.

First, is the SM2 1.8 in the Asset Store, the same as the 1.8.1 that is available through the updates site? If not, how can I access the updates site when I wasn't given a product key though Unity?

Second, it seems that the SM2 1.8 still has the base classes with "protected abstract void Start()", etc. Which makes them incompatible with EZ GUI 1.053 (since their Start function is "public override void Start()").

Any suggestions?
chirhotec

Postby Brady » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:17 pm

@ratrodstudio
What version of Unity are you using? Every version I'm aware of on which that line would compile, "override" should be correct. That line should be blocked out by the preprocessor directive on Unity 1.7. To answer your first question though, yes, the latest version is 3.2 compatible.

@chirhotec
This is one of the problems with the Asset Store as it is now. Updates lag behind since they must be submitted and approved first (and there's been a problem with my account's ability to submit on top of that which Unity is looking into, further delaying things), plus, they have no way for me to provide paying customers with any kind of activation key, etc, nor am I informed of new customer orders, so there's no way for me to send out such keys myself manually when an order is received. So at present, the versions on the Asset Store are behind the versions available directly from my site. Please PM me if you need further info.
Brady

Postby JTown » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:19 pm

I'm worried I dug myself into a hole. I upgraded to Unity3.2 and noticed EZGUI broke. So I go to try and update, but I don't see a tools menu after copying the restructure script into the Editor folder.

edit: switching target platform to PC/Mac made the tools menu show up again :)

upgraded EZGUI and everything seems to be fine
Last edited by JTown on Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JTown

Postby ratrodstudio » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:26 pm

Yeah, thats pretty much what happened to me. It seems to work fine if you start a new project from Scratch in 3.2 with EZ Gui and SM2. But you if you use a project that was using a previous version, even if EZ GUI wasnt installed; things break.

Export your entire game to a Package, create a new project, install EZ Gui. Then reimport the Package. A bit of a pain, since you need to wait for everything to re import, but that solved it in my case. .
ratrodstudio

Postby Brady » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:12 pm

I've noticed in Unity that new menu items (in this case, "Tools") don't show up until you click something else on the menu, and then suddenly it will appear. I guess it needs to be nudged to tell it to update itself? :)

@ratrodstudio
I'm not sure why you're having that problem. I've tested it thoroughly pulling it into both new and existing projects and haven't encountered any problems either way. Are you importing it using the Assets->Import Package->Custom Package menu?
Brady

Postby ratrodstudio » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:24 am

Yes, I am importing it using the "import package / custom" option.
Should be ok for now and I will integrate EZ GUI and SM2 from start in the next projects.

I was still using Sprite manager 1, and its really nice not having to calculate all values anymore and position of every UI element on the "home made" atlas page.
This new version and EZ Gui are pretty wicked!
ratrodstudio

Postby Tony Francis » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:26 pm

I've installed the latest versions of EZGUI (1.054) and SM2 (1.82) this morning, following an upgrade of Unity to 3.2.0f4.

All went reasonably enough, I ran the restructure script first then imported the new packages so I have no compile errors.

However, when I run my app I get the following continuous error (seems to be every frame) :

IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
UIManager.DispatchHelper (.POINTER_INFO& curPtr, Int32 camIndex) (at Assets/Plugins/EZ/GUI/Management/UIManager.cs:1528)
UIManager.DispatchInput () (at Assets/Plugins/EZ/GUI/Management/UIManager.cs:1182)
UIManager.Update () (at Assets/Plugins/EZ/GUI/Management/UIManager.cs:1103)

I've put a debug.log message where the error occurs and curPtr.id = -1, hence the error. Has anyone else seen this ? Have I just mucked up the installation of the upgrades, or is it something else ?

TIA
Tony Francis

Postby Brady » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:30 pm

Good find. I'll have this taken care of in a jiffy.
Brady

PreviousNext

Return to EZ GUI General