How to get the latest version

Re: How to get the latest version

Postby Brady » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:53 pm

Ahh yes, that's probably the case. Sorry about that. I'll make the change in the next release. Thanks!
Brady

Postby zhx » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:51 am

after upgrading to 1.053 today, I'm getting the following 2 errors:

Assets/Plugins/Sprite Scripts/Sprite.cs(73,33): error CS0507: `Sprite.Start()': cannot change access modifiers when overriding `public' inherited member `SpriteRoot.Start()'

Assets/Plugins/Sprite Scripts/PackedSprite.cs(93,33): error CS0507: `PackedSprite.Start()': cannot change access modifiers when overriding `public' inherited member `SpriteRoot.Start()'

I ran the scripts on the update page for preparing the project, then imported the new 1.053 package. Now I'm getting the following 2 errors when launching my project. I'd appreciate ANY help anyone can offer :-)
zhx

Postby Little Angel » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:28 am

I had these when I installed the new version of EZGui as well:
Console wrote:Assets/Plugins/Sprite Scripts/PackedSprite.cs(95,33): error CS0507: `PackedSprite.Start()': cannot change access modifiers when overriding `public' inherited member `SpriteRoot.Start()'

Assets/Plugins/Sprite Scripts/Sprite.cs(74,33): error CS0507: `Sprite.Start()': cannot change access modifiers when overriding `public' inherited member `SpriteRoot.Start()'

But these went away when I upgraded SM2 to the most recent version (1.8.1). Are you using both EZG and SM2? If so, grab your activation code and head on over to:
http://www.anbsoft.com/updates/sm2_updates.html

The only note that I have is that some of the methods have now changed. So, things like: SetTempTransitionDelegate() are not working. When I dig up the appropriate link to the appropriate thread, I'll post it here for those of you as lazy as I am...
Little Angel

Postby Little Angel » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:39 am

From the 1.053 Release Notes
Changes:
* IMPORTANT: UIPanelBase.SetTempTransitionDeleagte() has been refactored to be AddTempTransitionDelegate(), which instead of replacing any currently assigned delegate, adds the specified delegate to be called.

And don't forget this:
From the 1.052 Release Notes
In 1.052:
Changes:
* IMPORTANT: When registering an input or value changed delegate with a control, it is now strongly recommended that you use AddInputDeletate() or AddValueChangedDelegate() as opposed to SetInputDelegate() or SetValueChangedDelegate(). The reason is that the "Add" versions will add your delegate to be called, whereas the "Set" version will now remove any existing registered delegates and replace them with the one you specify.

I was confusing the two (TempTransition with Input and ValueChanged)...
Little Angel

Postby mindlube » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:11 pm

Hey I'm getting tons of errors when I import 1.0.53. I am upgrading from 1.0.53beta8.
First I tried just importing the pacakge. Got errors.
Restored my Assets folder then, I tried dragging in the AnBSoft_Restructure.cs script first into the Editor folder.
I don't know if this matters, but I am using 3.1 Pro w/ external version support enabled.

A script named 'UICtlEditor.cs' already exists at "Assets/Editor/Editors/UICtlEditor.cs". Please rename one of the scripts to a unique name.
(Filename: Assets/Editor/AnBSoft/Editors/UICtlEditor.cs Line: 1)

[... about 50 other scripts are mentioned ...]

A script named 'SpriteSizer.cs' already exists at "Assets/Editor/Wizards/SpriteSizer.cs". Please rename one of the scripts to a unique name.
(Filename: Assets/Editor/Wizards/SpriteSizer.cs Line: 1)

-Edit-
Ah, OK, I missed this step in the instructions. Pretty tricky b/c I upgraded from a recent beta!
Once the script is dragged in, click "Tools" on the Unity menu, and choose "Restructure A&B Soft folders".
mindlube

Postby Little Angel » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:53 pm

Yes - thank for mentioning it, but that is a very important line:
Once the script is dragged in, click "Tools" on the Unity menu, and choose "Restructure A&B Soft folders".

The folder structure has been changed, so you need to move all of your current scripts to the new location or else the update won't replace the old scripts, just add the new scripts to the new locations. The editor script needs to be run (and run only once!), so if you just import the editor script without activating it, it does nothing. Then when you import your new asset package, you will have duplicates: all the old scripts in the old locations and all the new scripts in the new locations.
Little Angel

Postby zhx » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:39 pm

upgrading to the newest SM2 fixed the 2 errors I posted about above.. thanks to Brady for creating and sharing the folder conversion script, that is one hang up about unity-packages that I hope gets addressed by Unity someday.
zhx

Postby ratrodstudio » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:23 pm

Can you post your fix in details? I am getting the same issue and cant seem to find get anything to work.

I am getting those 2 errors actually:

Assets/Editor/AnBSoft/Inspectors/UICtlInspector.cs(54,30): error CS0115: `UICtlInspector.OnInspectorGUI()' is marked as an override but no suitable method found to override
Assets/Editor/AnBSoft/Inspectors/UIPanelBaseInspector.cs(41,30): error CS0115: `UIPanelBaseInspector.OnInspectorGUI()' is marked as an override but no suitable method found to override

I tried re importing the packages again, but without any lock. They always popup.
=
thanks!
ratrodstudio

Postby Little Angel » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:35 pm

The two fixes are:

1: Run the script AnBSoft_Restructure.cs that comes with EZ GUI 1.053 according to the installation instructions before installing EZ GUI 1.053.

2: If you own SM2, upgrade to the most recent version of SM2 after running the aforementioned script. Whether you do this before or after EZGui is irrelevant.

If you are unclear what you've done, revert to your back up, and upgrade from your back up.

If you, for some terrible reason, don't have a back up, then you need to remove all of the EZGui and SM2 scripts from your project and reinstall EZ GUI 1.053 and SM2 1.81 - or most recent version there of. BEFORE YOU DO THIS BACK THIS ONE UP! This may require reconnecting some of your objects with their scripts.
Little Angel

Postby ratrodstudio » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:03 pm

thanks for the reply.
This is a new installation and thats why I didnt follow the "upgrade" procedure. I will give it a try right now.
ratrodstudio

PreviousNext

Return to EZ GUI General