How to get the latest version

How to get the latest version

Postby Brady » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:01 am

I've got a new way for you all to access the latest version(s) of the middleware products, and I'd appreciate it if those of you still needing updates could go get them there and let me know if you run into any problems in the process. There isn't a lot in the way of information, etc, on the pages as yet, but that's coming. You can get updates by going to the following location:

http://www.anbsoft.com/updates

Thanks!
Brady

Re: How to get the latest version

Postby ZergCow » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:27 pm

ok well it didnt work for me using IE8 so I had to download Mozzila.

However after importing SM2 and EZGUI I still get the following problems (all with the same file)

Code: Select all
Assets/Editor/Editors/SpriteTimelineEditor.cs(838,41): error CS1502: The best overloaded method match for `SpriteTimeline.AppendTextures(Object[])' has some invalid arguments
Assets/Editor/Editors/SpriteTimelineEditor.cs(838,41): error CS1503: Argument 1: Cannot convert type `UnityEngine.Object[]' to `Object[]'

The problems are with the spritetimelineeditor

what should i do?
ZergCow

Postby Brady » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:07 pm

It would seem somehow your SpriteTimelineEditor.cs file was not overwritten. Or perhaps you have a duplicate in another folder under Editor? You want the one under the "Editor/Editors" subfolder. I say that because I don't think that line number has anything like that on it in the latest version.
Brady

Postby ZergCow » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:16 pm

ok I am using Unity 2.6 by the way and when I only import EZ GUI I get the following...

Assets/Editor/Editors/UICtlEditor.cs(514,26): error CS0266: Cannot implicitly convert type `UnityEngine.Object[]' to `Object[]'. An explicit conversion exists (are you missing a cast?)
Assets/Editor/Editors/UICtlEditor.cs(521,47): error CS0030: Cannot convert type `Object' to `UnityEngine.GameObject'
Assets/Editor/Editors/UICtlEditor.cs(690,17): error CS0266: Cannot implicitly convert type `UnityEngine.Object' to `Object'. An explicit conversion exists (are you missing a cast?)
Assets/Editor/Editors/UICtlEditor.cs(14,14): error CS0536: `UICtlEditor' does not implement interface member `IGUIHelper.ObjectField(string, System.Type, UnityEngine.Object)'. `UICtlEditor.Object)' is either static, not public, or has the wrong return type

Then without fixing those when I import the SM2 I get the following...

Assets/Editor/Editors/SpriteTimelineEditor.cs(838,41): error CS1502: The best overloaded method match for `SpriteTimeline.AppendTextures(Object[])' has some invalid arguments
Assets/Editor/Editors/SpriteTimelineEditor.cs(838,41): error CS1503: Argument 1: Cannot convert type `UnityEngine.Object[]' to `Object[]'
Assets/Editor/Editors/SpriteTimelineEditor.cs(1166,37): warning CS0184: The given expression is never of the provided (`UnityEngine.Texture2D') type

So I dont know what is happening here. I am going to try making a new project and importing these...

I narrowed it down to one file. A selection script I use.

var isSelected : boolean = false;

var healthBarPrefab : GameObject;
private var healthBar : GameObject;

function Start()
{
   //print("Object start called...");
   var go : GameObject = GameObject.Find("ObjectManager");
   go.SendMessage("AddObject", gameObject);

healthBar = Instantiate(healthBarPrefab, transform.position, Quaternion.identity);
   healthBar.transform.parent = gameObject.transform;
   healthBar.transform.position.y += 5;

SetObjectSelected(false);
}

function Update ()
{

}

// Gets called from the Object manager when this Object gets selected
function SetObjectSelected(selected : boolean)
{
   isSelected = selected;
   healthBar.GetComponent("HealthBar").SetHealthEnabled(isSelected);
}

function SetSelected()
{
   print("I got selected... " + name);
   var go : GameObject = GameObject.Find("ObjectManager");
   go.SendMessage("AddSelectedObject", gameObject);
}

Not sure 100% how this clashes with EZ GUI but I guess I need to look into it a bit more.

So just to be clear it was a file on my side that was the problem.
ZergCow

Postby Brady » Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:31 am

I'm not sure how that could be. But in any case, that's really weird. I haven't seen anyone get those errors with these packages before, so something really odd is going on.
Brady

Postby Imari » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:46 am

Just FYI, that download system worked great for me, Brady. I used IE8. Thanks for getting us set up with that. It makes it much easier to make sure that everything is updated.
Imari

Postby Brady » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:39 am

Thanks for letting me know! I think I've got all the Safari and IE bugs worked out now, so it should work. Thanks again.
Brady

Postby Digitalos » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:03 pm

Hey Brady is there any chance you can just do a script bundle, so we can just copy those scripts to the new location in our project, as I've moved EZGui from the plugins folder, as having it there made it hard to extend using other scripts that were in areas that compiled after it, so each time there is an update, I have to import the package into a blank project and then grab the scripts and move them myself, which is just an extra few steps for me. Not sure if others do this too.

P.S. Opera 10.63 works fine with that system. :>
Digitalos

Postby Brady » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:38 pm

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll think about it. I'd like to keep importation of it as straight-forward as possible, however, and minimize duplication. But I'll mull it over. Thanks!
Brady

Postby corey_stpierre » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:11 pm

Hi Brady, I am in the process of updating EZGUI (and SM2) to the latest versions. I am getting this error after importing EZGUI. I am updating from 1.1_b9 to 1.052. Here is the error I am getting:

Assets/Editor/Inspectors/UIListItemInspector.cs(18,30): error CS0115: `UIListItemInspector.DrawPrestateSettings()' is marked as an override but no suitable method found to override.

I checked the base class and it looks like everything should be fine. Not sure why it's an error.

By the way I am using Unity iPhone 1.7.

UPDATE: I think I may have fixed the error. After reading through the code, it looked like it was for anything non Unity-iPhone related. So in UIListItemInspector.cs I added:
#else

// Keep Unity iPhone happy:
public class UIListItemInspector : UICtlInspector
{
}

and closed the #if.

This gets rid of my error. Will report back if any anomalies surface.
corey_stpierre

Next

Return to EZ GUI General