EZGui Demo's act very strange

EZGui Demo's act very strange

Postby Gigiwoo » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:40 pm

Heya,

I just purchased EZGui and setup the demo's. They all seem to run, but two of them have strange behavior. I don't exactly know how to explain it, but I am hopeful that this is not expected because it doesn't t look like the video snippet from the trailer. BTW, I downloaded the newest version using the 'Updates' page and pulled down the 4 or 5 demo's from there as well.

In the mushroom demo, the controls are very 'blinky'. When I move the mouse over them, they bounce in and out very rapidly. Sometimes 3 or 4 times just with one movement. None of the icons seem to do anything - I thought some should, like the seeds? Can't seem to get the seeds submenu. (Update - the seeds menu looks like it's trying to show something, but it shows up as 2 tiny little lines that go away. I didn't even notice it at first. Just looked like something flickering on the screen)

When I run the 'earth demo', the controls will sometimes get stuck half-in, half-out. Like rotated back 45 degrees or something. Happens when you move the mouse in and out while it's still 'flipping' into focus.

The castle storm and hangar FPS demo seems to work ok.

Gigiwoo.
Gigiwoo

Re: EZGui Demo's act very strange

Postby Little Angel » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:25 pm

Gigiwoo:

Make sure that you keep the demo's isolated and only load the demos into completely new and empty projects.

This is because as the demos are produced, they are produced using the *then* current version of EZGui. EZGui has gone thru many updates and upgrades since they were written. The included version of EZGui (tho' arguably obsolete) is the only version guaranteed to be compatible.

Now that being said, these demo's do exactly what they say on the tin and are very valuable resources.

If you are ready to get started. Give the docs a peek - especially the getting started - and then if you're still stumped, ask a Q or 2 here.

Before anyone goes off the deep end wondering why these have not been updated to work with the current code, it's simple. We don't want Brady regularly retracing his steps adjusting working demo's every point release or beta to keep them up with the changes. We'd much rather he stay strapped right where he is in the salt mines making real improvements with his time.

Little Angel

Postby Brady » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:52 am

Thanks for the report. The Mushroom demo issue seems to be related to how it was built with an intermediate beta which had a little different enum order for the easing and transition element types. I'll be uploading a fixed version of the demo, and should be available by the time you read this message.

Regarding the Earth Demo, this appears to be related to a problem with the new Quaternion code. This will be fixed in the up-coming 1.061 hotfix.
Brady

Postby Gigiwoo » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:57 pm

Thanks Brady. I'll check out the new mushroom demo in a bit.

Gigiwoo.
Gigiwoo

Postby Gigiwoo » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:05 pm

Brady,

The mushroom demo works MUCH better! Thank you.

I do have a question though. Little Angel said to import the package into a completely new/empty project. However, you still need to import the package for EZGui itself. In that case, since I don't know or have the EZGUI version that went to each demo, how can I get the 'right' one imported to make the demo work?

In any event, the mushroom demo seems to work fine with the latest version. Thanks for that.

Gigiwoo.
Gigiwoo

Postby Brady » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:51 pm

Actually, Little Angel is thinking of how it used to be. Now the demo packages have been separated from the core code, and so both must be imported to a project.

Thanks, glad it's working as expected. :)
Brady

Postby Little Angel » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:20 am

I'm obsolete!

And out of touch...

Oh dear.
Little Angel

Postby Brady » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:49 pm

No problem, re-downloading the same demos over and over isn't something I'd expect you to have done. :)
Brady

Postby ooliusha » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:00 am

Where can i download the demo ?
ooliusha

Postby Brady » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:40 pm

Well, the term "demo" may be a bit misleading. They are "demo" projects in the sense that they demonstrate some typical use cases. But they aren't "demos" in the sense of trials. If you purchased EZ GUI from the Asset Store, you should have received all the demo packages. If you purchased from the AnBSoft.com website, the core EZ GUI package contains a simple demo, and the others are accessible using your activation key on the updates page here:

www.anbsoft.com/updates
Brady

Next

Return to EZ GUI General